Variety to Launch Power of Youth Auction in Conjunction with Event, Honoring Hollywood's Most Philanthropic Young Entertainers and their Charities
October 24th Honorees Include Justin Bieber, Bow Wow, David Henrie, Victoria Justice and Shailene Woodley
October 15, 2010
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 15, 2010) — Variety is pleased to announce the launch of Variety’s Power of Youth Auction on Tuesday October 19th. In conjunction with Variety’s Power of Youth Event, Variety and charitybuzz will host an online auction with exclusive, one of a kind items to benefit the participating charities. All proceeds go directly to charity.
Hosted on Charitybuzz.com, the auction features high-profile auction items such as the ones listed below, and many more.
- Lunch with Twilight star Kellan Lutz
- Join Academy Winning Composer, Michael Giacchino, at a Scoring Session for Mission Impossible IV
- Set visit to “Victorious” and meet & greet with cast
- Tickets to “So You Think You Can Dance” Season 8 Finale
- 5 night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Maui
- One week loaner of the Audi R8 Spyder (limited edition car as seen in Transformers)
- and many more including items from Justin Bieber, Victoria Justice and all of our honorees!
To view a full list and bid on the items visit www.charitybuzz.com/powerofyouth2010
This year’s honorees and beneficiaries include:
- Recording artist Justin Bieber for Pencils of Promise which partners with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities in the developing world focusing on early education, high potential females and empowering a new generation of passionate young leaders to create profound good.
- Rapper/actor Bow Wow for Education Through Music - Los Angeles, whose mission is to provide and promote the integration of music into the curricula of disadvantaged schools in order to enhance students’ academic performance and creative and general development.
- Wizards of Waverly Place star David Henrie for LA’s BEST - Better Educated Students for Tomorrow – which is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment and recreation program serving 28,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA's BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children ages 5 to 12 at 180 elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school - at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA's BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector. For more information, please visit www.lasbest.org.
- Victorious Victoria Justice for Girl Up which is a campaign of the United Nations Foundation, gives American girls the opportunity to channel their energy and compassion to raise awareness and funds for programs of the United Nations that help some of the world’s hardest-to-reach adolescent girls. Through Girl Up’s support, girls have the opportunity to become educated, healthy, safe, counted and positioned to be the next generation of leaders. Campaign supporters are encouraged to give a “High Five” to girls in developing countries by donating $5 or more to provide girls with such basic needs as access to school supplies, clean water, life-saving health services, safety from violence and more. To give a high five and learn more, join us at GirlUp.org.
- The Secret Life of an American Teenager star Shailene Woodley for All it Takes… which inspires ideas that empower heartful actions making our schools, communities and world a cleaner, safer, healthier place by contributing and supporting innovative programs that make a powerful difference. All it Takes…encourages schools and other community organizations to create programs that focus on the immediate influence that we have on one another and the environment showing all people the impact their footprints have on our planet. All it Takes is for one individual to begin living organically; acting from our heart to fuel the entire world with an un-measurable source of inspiration that allows positive decisions to flow naturally. All it Takes...INFINITE POSSIBILITIES
The goal of Variety’s Power of Youth is to reach out to the next generation of entertainers and encourage them to support philanthropic and humanitarian causes – and to use their positions in popular culture to encourage the millions of people who look up to them to do the same. Celebrity supporters of the cause have included the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson, Hillary Duff, Angus T. Jones, Selena Gomez, Miranda Cosgrove, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, Bailee Madison, Abigail Breslin, David Henrie, Dakota Fanning, AnnaLynne McCord, Keke Palmer, The Sprouse Brothers, Lil Romeo, Jesse Eisenberg and many, many more.
Variety’s Power of Youth 2010 is presented by The Hub TV Channel, and sponsored by KINECT for Xbox 360, Dell, Monopoly Streets, Book It!, Coca Cola, Chipotle and Sprinkles.
A leader in cause marketing, charitybuzz (www.charitybuzz.com) aligns nonprofits with international brands and celebrity icons to raise funds through innovative online auctions. Featuring pop culture experiences, VIP events, luxury travel, fine art, couture fashion and sports memorabilia, charitybuzz brings its online community of upscale, socially conscious bidders exclusive opportunities to make a difference. The company enables its bidders to truly doGOOD and liveWELL, generating millions of dollars for charities around the globe. To learn more, please visit www.charitybuzz.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fan us on facebook at www.facebook.com/charitybuzz or follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/charitybuzz.